Monday, March 06, 2006

So....

Ok.

So I haven't updated the blog in nearly a year. Please try to contain your anger.

I've come to grip with the fact that unless I really take the time to sit down and improve my game and play with some sort of discipline that there's pretty much no way I'll ever be a truly profitable player. Sure, I can coast along taking advantage of reloads and other poker bonuses, and continue to plug the holes in my game with rakeback...but at the end of the day, I'm still a losing player.

But, to be honest, the fact that I'm not a winning player really doesn't bother me. That is, until I hit a losing streak.

I'm happy as a pig in shit when I'm playing poker. Plugging right along, earning that reload bonus. Hell, from time to time, I may actually be up a few bucks. And for me, that's the dangerous aspect of poker. When I'm winning, losing is the furthest thing from my mind...but its almost always just around the corner.

Hopefully, coming to grips with reality is just the kick in the pants I need to turn things around. After all, the first step of all these rehab programs is admitting that you have a problem. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home